Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Vintage Video Memoir of Summer To Me

   Just a quick post on summer just because I feel like it could be over any minute now. Perhaps I feel that way because I'm starting plans on autumn wardrobe (which I'll be posting on pretty soon).
   Anyhow! Just felt the need to post a little video memoir of mine in the summertime. I'm a desert girl with salt in my blood (salt laker) but I do love to go to the beach when the sun is out and all the people too, with their big hats and umbrellas. I don a scarf to protect my coiffure from the sand and sea air but I love summer on the beach. It reminds me of a Leila Hyams film or lilyan Tasman in many photographs wearing wide legged beach pajamas and having beach party after beach party. I guess Its too childish to imagine I could be there. She would invite me I'm sure.
   My boys love to climb on the rocks at Mudeford so I thought I'd have a go. It is a laugh.


 

July has just begun and lot's of summer yet to enjoy!
 

6 comments:

  1. Great video. It's so lovely and summery and reminds me of my favorite 30s nautical looks. I posted about how fleeting summer is today. I plan to savor every minute. I'm planing my faKl wardrobe too
    Retro rover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! A great comment, it means a lot to me! Thanks!
      I agree with you it is fleeting, and I hope you post about your fall pieces!

      Delete
  2. How completely charming! I really enjoyed the fact that you gave it an old school treatment. Very charming, fun little video, sweet dear. Definitely feel free to keeping making and sharing others with us. All things willing, I hope to get some more of my own up again (at long last) later this year.

    Big hugs & many thanks for your lovely comment on today's outfit post,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, just wait 50 years and it will be called "an original from the early 1930ies" :-D

    ReplyDelete